joymo.tv has the ambition of becoming the largest streaming video platform for grassroots sport in the world. We are a team of engineers enthusiastic about making this goal a reality and are seeking a Full Stack Developer to join the team, bringing their skills and experience and to introduce technologies as they see fit on our unique challenge. As an employee of joymo you will be an important contributor to our growth and success in delivering this goal.
Role, objective and purpose
The position as Full-Stack Developer is central in making the joymo platform a complete system for livestreaming sports, accessible to clubs and organizations at all levels.
We’re looking for a node.js and web full-stack developer to help build services for our products & tools. These products include both an unmanned/automatic system involving an in-house developed camera that uses a tracking algorithm to follow the action and a manned system consisting of an app for a mobile device which allows a user to record a stream and broadcast to their supporters.
- Design and develop new scalable and versatile services and APIs to serve joymo’s products and tools
- Work closely with product design and engineering leadership to solve business problems.
- Optimizing the joymo platform for global expansion
- Integration with 3rd party tools including, CRM, Payment, reporting and analytics
- Public API development
- Video Streaming pipeline enhancements and optimizations
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code for each iteration
- Contribute your experience to architectural discussions of the various systems.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experienced in node.js/TypeScript or fully competent in another coding language (Please specify when applying)
- Preferably worked with micro-services and familiar with its principles and practices.
- Experience with AWS desired (API Gateway, Lambda, IoT Core, S3, CloudFormation, MediaLive)
We look for people who
- You are flexible with different frameworks and workflows, with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- You use agile methodologies and workflows to iterate on products
- You are comfortable and experienced in Git workflows.
- You have a good understanding of web application scalability/performance issues and are experienced in the use of asynchronous processing and other mitigation practices
- You have good time-management skills, and work effectively
- You are fluent in English, written and spoken
- You confidently communicate daily with teammates to understand and deliver on technical requirements
- You have experience with collaboration platforms like Slack and Google Hangouts
- You have a positive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve goals and contribute to our culture
- A unique opportunity to further develop yourself in a growing and disrupting technology company with global ambitions
- A unique opportunity to make a huge impact on technical and product decisions at a crucial stage for the business
- Puns of extremely high quality
- A workplace in constant development and growth which offer new exciting challenges every week
- A working environment with highly talented and engaged people who care about helping each other out
- A workplace with openness and transparency where you’ll be a vital part of discussions and decisions using tools like Slack
- Office location in the beautiful city of Oslo, Norway @ Oslo Science Park.
We are storytellers, promoters and champions of the grassroots sports community.
We reach for the stars, and while doing that, we try to be playful, responsible and deliver results with haste.
Diversity and inclusion are a central element of our culture and values, and we are looking to add to our talented team with a person of integrity, passion and talent.
Joymo has developed unique products that are revolutionizing the broadcasting world and the way grassroots sports develops - an unmanned livestreaming broadcasting platform.
Joymo’s cloud platform enables any sports teams and individual athletes to stream all their games to all their fans, and to generate income. Today, our users can wirelessly record, upload, store, share, live stream and analyze their games - everything is easily accessible through the unmanned video recording unit or iOs application. We are also working with AI to create a superb viewing experience, for example through auto tracking of where the action is!
Today we are a team of about 15 people, and we are growing fast!